Founders of AWTANI here! We are excited to introduce the AWTANI Community Blog known as “KALAM,” which translates to “speech/words” in Arabic. Growing up as first-generation Syrian Americans, we were always in awe of our culture and the value it holds, which is why we created our jewelry brand. We were deeply inspired by the inlay of the traditional craft of Syrian mosaics, the smell of the Jasmine flowers that climbed the walls as we roamed the streets of our hometowns, and so on. The most simple yet beautiful parts of our culture that felt so nostalgic and euphoric. We knew that when we created our brand, we wanted to tell our story through jewelry, and now, we want to give you a platform to tell yours.
“KALAM,” pronounced KA-LAAM, was created to give you a platform to share who you are. Whether it’s a memory of your homeland, a poem, a recipe, an anecdote that inspires you, or simply an introduction about yourself, we wanted to create a platform where you can express yourself and tell your story. Everyone is unique in their own way and the beauty of the world lies in the diversity of the people. We hope that you use this platform as a place to connect with others and to express yourself.
“When you read something beautiful you find coexistence, it breaks walls down” – Mahmoud Darwish
– Alya and Yara
How to submit your entry:
You can submit your entry by email: email@example.com
- Name (Please state if you would like to be anonymous in your submission.)
- Journal Entry
- Images (JPEG or PNG) optional
- Cover Image (Horizontal) required
After review, your blog will be posted. Be creative and have fun with it!
- Please do not submit any material that is graphic, abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, or, threatening.
- Please avoid political discussions
- Please do not plagiarize or impersonate anybody.
- Please do not use this platform for sales or business promotions.
- Please do not use third-party content without permission unless you are permitted to do so by copyright law.